Thursday, October 18, 2007

Michael Clayton

I just saw Michael Clayton, a corrupt corporation meets smart lawyer movie, and have some mixed feelings. I guess I wanted to like it more than I did. I liked individual scenes, I liked listening to the smart dialogue and watching great acting: Tilda Swinton, Tom Wilkinson, and George Clooney. I liked learning about the characters, Clayton's mixed up family, Crazy Arthur's intriguing loft. And I don't ever remember liking the acting of George Clooney so much. He exudes sadness from his doe eyes. So with all that I was surprised that quite frankly at times it bored me. Is my attention span shrinking or what? I like talky movies usually and this one is definitely dialogue filled. Who knows? Maybe, my expectations were too high going in.

No comments: