Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Recount

If you like political movies, and I sure do, you will be riveted by Recount. Recount breaks down the Florida fallout of the 2000 election between Al Gore and George Bush. The movie manages to flush out the details of the voting irregularities while building suspense like a thriller. Maybe it’s just me be, but I found these details fascinating and also appalling. One wonders, what would have happened if Al Gore won Florida? It was so close. Two actors playing real people in this political drama are Kevin Spacey and Laura Dern. Laura Dern is especially good as her wackiness, Katherine Harris, Florida’s Secretary of State.

2 comments:

blakecgriffin said...

Why can't I find this film anywhere? I'd like to see it.

Mary's List said...

I got it from Netflix