Friday, February 20, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

I went to a movie while visiting my parents in New Mexico, -- I wanted to go to Milk or Doubt or something edifying, but no such movie existed there. So I decided to go To She’s Just Not That Into You. The movie has a huge ensemble cast: Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johansson, and Justin Long. I know it looks kinda cheesy, but it has all of those famous actors in it and it wasn’t getting terrible reviews like Confessions of a Shopaholic (with the super cute Hugh Dancy), so I went to it. Initially, I thought I would go to it last Saturday night. Luckily, I realized that it was Valentine’s Day. I don’t know, but going to that movie by myself on Valentine’s Day, might have made me feel like a loser. So anyway, I went to it later in the week and was mildly entertained. I enjoyed especially the cute Ginnifer Goodwin from Big Love and I also found Justin Long (the dorky teen the TV show Ed) also more charming than I could have imagined he could be. But beyond that the movie wasn’t that clever or interesting. I think it would have better they would have cut the couples by half. I think they were going for a Love Actually kinda feel and they totally missed. I was pleased to see the sleazy couple played by Bradley Cooper and Scarlett Johansson, get their comeuppance in the end. But what was the beautiful Jennifer Connelly doing acting so pathetic? As a matter of fact, all of the female characters were so pathetic acting—but at least Goodwin’s character did it with charm.

No comments: