Sunday, March 15, 2009

Music Within

While Music Within is a made-for-TV-like melodramatic bio pic, it tells about a very important moment in history when the Americans with Disabilities Act was passed and how Richard Pimentel was instrumental in educating the public about people with disabilities. Richard Pimentel is played Ron Livingston who is a very likable actor. Pimentel's good friend Art, Michael Sheen (recently in Frost Nixon), is a man with Cerebral Palsy who teaches his friend about living with CP. I found myself drawn in by this movie and I think anyone who is interested in this topic would like this movie.

I also saw Feast of Love this weekend. Dumb ensemble piece with good actors like Greg Kinnear and Morgan Freeman (who plays the same role he always does -- wise mentor). I chose both these movies from seeing previews on a DVD. That usually does not work out so well and Feast of Love proves that.

No comments: