Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

I would describe Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist as sweet and occasionally gross. A couple of cute teenagers drive around New York City looking for their favorite band while falling in love. This movie made me nostalgic for my college days when I would drive down to Dinky Town with my pals to hear bands while listening to mix tapes. Of course, in the movie they make mixed CDs and download them onto their iPods, and they are all in high school! So it's a likable movie; however it leaves me with a few posers: In what world are teenagers allowed to go to bars, drink, and stay up all night? Why are there so many movies of late featuring Michael Cera, who plays the same lovable boy in every movie? Why does anyone want to watch someone throwing up in a movie? Or listen to it. Gross! Do some movie goers enjoy this? That's all I got, out.

No comments: