Sunday, January 10, 2010

Update on Movies I Still Want to See, and more

December Movies I saw and liked:
Up in the Air: George Clooney and Vera Farmiga spend a lot of time in airports.

Me and Orson Welles: One of my favorite actresses, Claire Danes is part of this ensemble piece that is set during the 30s and directed by Richard Linklater. A period piece/character-driven movie. Now that’s right up my alley.

Still want to see but haven't yet -- from earlier list:
The Messenger: Woody Harrelson and Ben Foster are two army officers whose job it is to deliver the news to families about the death of their soldier.

Broken Embraces: Another movie from the great Spanish director Pedro Almodovar with the beautiful Penelope Cruz

Movies I am adding to my list
In the Loop: British political satire that has been around for a while, but I can't get my hands on it.

The Hurt Locker: A movie about a bomb diffusing squad in Iraq that has gotten great reviews. At first this movie seemed too violent for me -- but now after seeing it on many best movies of '09 lists, I gotta see it.


The Young Victoria
: a story of the first few years of Queen Victoria's rule played by Emily Blunt. (I love stories about the English Monarchy and period pieces, so of course, I want to see this movie)

The Single Man: I heard this movie, about a gay professor in the 50s who has to hide his grief over the loss of his partner, is very sad. But I love Colin Firth and apparently this is an Oscar-worthy performance, so I want to see it.

No comments: