Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Political Movies

I haven't seen any movies lately -- a conference, a night class, my job, and too much politics has kept me from them. Tonight, of course, I am glued to the TV watching the returns. Stick with me, though, I'll get back to it and keep up my goal of posting at least once a week. For tonight, though, I leave you with a list of political movies that I liked.


Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) Oh, you just gotta like this idealistic look at Washington


The Candidate (1972) a sexy Robert Redford combined with a smart suspenseful story


Wag the Dog (1997) A very cynical look at American politics

Bulworth (1998) weirdly goofy Warren Beatty movie

Primary Colors (1998) John Travolta does a surprisinly good Bill Clintonmerican politics, but gets ya thinkin'

Dick (1999) silly teens in the Nixon whitehouse -- silly but fun!

Election (1999) Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon high school election satire. HIGH- larious! One of my favorites.

Thank You for Smoking (2006) Sexy Aaron Eckhart as smarmy tobacco lobbyist -- a strangely good combination

Recount (2008) (see earlier review) great recap of what happened in Florida during the 2000 presidentical election -- and a great movie

No comments: