Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blow Up

I saw this 1966 artsy movie directed by Michelangelo Antonioni about a photographer because I read an article about the photographer who it is based on and heard that it was a critical favorite. (I can't remember the name of the photographer its based on if there is anyone out there who reads The New Yorker can help me with my memory). The movie shows a photographer who takes a picture a crime in action and figures it out by blowing up the photo. The action (if that's the right word since it doesn't seem like there is any action) moves at a glacial pace and the "mystery" we're promised is not mysterious. Either this movie is way too dated for my modern self or I just don't get it because, while it was cool to look at for time, it was just plain dull.

No comments: