Saturday, January 10, 2009

Burn After Reading

The Coen Brother's Burn After Reading is chock full of mega stars. It makes you wonder why those two ornery brothers like the star-studded cast-- I mean they are well-known enough to not have to rely on big names. I was a little disappointed with this latest Coen Bros farce. I had heard from friends that it was a real knee-slapper, but while I enjoyed watching Brad Pitt look like a dork and John Malkovich always cracks me up (even though he always seems to play the same weird guy), I was only mildly amused. One extreme oddity of note is the contraption that George Clooney's character makes in his basement -- truly horrifying.

2 comments:

Chica said...

I thought this movie was HILARIOUS. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time. I thought Frances McDormand's facial expressions were priceless.

Have you seen Revolutionary Road yet? I saw it and loved it.

Mary's List said...

I haven't seen Revolutionary Road. I couple fighting and being dashed by lost hopes does not seem fun to me. But your liking it makes me rethink this.