Monday, September 3, 2007

Talky Movies

You know those movies where there is not a lot of action and a lot of dialogue, dialogue that doesn't necessarily advance the plot but is funny or thought-provoking etc. and some might say boring. Well call me crazy or a lover of boring things, but I like movies like that. Two favorites are Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, movies by director Richard Linklater with Ethan Hawke and the French actress Julie Delpy. Before Sunset is the sequel of sorts of Before Sunrise and both take place in the space of a day.
Julie Delpy must like these movies also because she has recently directed 2 Days in Paris about a couple on a visit to Paris starring Julie Delpy and Adam Goldberg (think whiny guy who briefly roomed with Chandler in Friends). It sounds pretty talky (right up my alley) and so far I read one good review in the Minneapolis Tribune -- so I hope worth seeing.

No comments: